us

us

Thursday, February 11, 2010

the holding cell

Tim is coming home soon!!

Today is a big day for Tim! He signed the last of his papers yesterday and will be moved to the "holding cell" today, where the guys who are shipping home stay. We are expecting him to be home on Wednesday and we are so excited. It would probably be sooner if Monday was not a holiday...but hey...he is getting paid. In the holding cell they are unable to use their cell phones which stinks but it is ok, he can use that crappy pay phone. He has been able to find a decent one the last couple of times...and by decent I mean that static only comes every three minutes to the usual every one minute. God has been really merciful to us and for that I am so thankful. I am so glad that the Lord is who He says He is...and because He is who He says He is everything else shouldn't matter. If HE is, then I don't have to worry about any of his promises or his guidance or anything. The name itself gives me comfort, because if I believe He is who He says He is, then I can believe everything else. That makes my heart very happy. I finally got a good nights rest last night... I was actually asleep before 9pm. WOW! I don't think I have ever been to bed that early, unless I was a child or I was sick. It felt really good to wake up on my own this morning and to not be rushed. I enjoyed going to the Valentines Dinner with my date last night, the coolest 9 year old around, Micah Marlette and his family! They are such wonderful people! I adore that family so much. I am so glad that Tim has them for the support that he needs. That means so much. The Lord really has blessed us at Curtis Baptist. The people are lovely and the preaching is solid. What more can you ask for? I do wish we could build up a younger adult group...all in my prayers though. The Lord will work and use us where he wants us. I cannot believe it is almost midway through February! ah. 6 1/2 months until I am Mrs. Cross! whoop whoop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment