us

us

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines weekend...

Today is my first, and hopefully last, Valentines day without my Timothy. I miss him so much every day...but the days like today when LOVE is shouted from the roof tops that makes me miss him so much more. I know he is lonely today and it makes
me very sad. I atleast have those who love and support us here
beside me. He has no one. I hate that. I hate knowing he is anything but happy. I cannot wait for him to get home. I cannot wait to wrap my arms around his neck and tell him face to face how much I missed him and love him. That day should be coming on Tuesday or Wednesday! I cannot wait. This weekend has been pretty great. I got snowed in at the Marlette's house on Friday, along with the Marlette's, Rachel, Trey and Robert. We had a pretty good time playing in the snow. I was terrified to drive after my car kept sliding on the ice. Tim actually called me when I was stopped at a red light, freaking out, and calmed me down enough to make it to the Marlettes. It was not bad driving near my house but the closer I got to their house the more dangerous it got and there was no way I was turning around. It was really good to catch up with Rachel too. She is such a doll. Saturday, I woke up around 6:30 and Micah came strolling down the stairs (I slept on the couch), bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:45. He was so excited about how much snow we got! IN GEORGIA! It was wonderful. Pastor Bill cooked us a really good breakfast and we headed back out to play in the snow before it melted. When we made it back in we watched The Chronicles of Narnia, but for some reason I was too anxious to really watch it. Because I did not know I would be stuck at the Marlette's house I did not bring any of my things with me so my phone died. I think I was anxious because I thought that if Tim got the opportunity to call he would not get ahold of me because my phone was dead. Then I started thinking of how lonely he must be...so I got myself worked up over nothing. When I left I went and got a few valetines for my family and then headed on home. When I finally got my phone charged, Tim called like 5 minuted later. Good timing. He is trusting the Lord, but I can tell that being around non-belivers 24-7 is starting to drain him. He still knows why he is there and is still focused, but I can tell he is struggling because he has no one there he can relate to or someone that has the same values as him. I couldn't imagine how spiritually draining that can be. He is standing firm though and not backing down any time he gets the chance to share the gospel. It was wonderful talking to him though. He said that he gets recharged when he hears my voice on the other end of the phone. That is so comforting to me. I really do adore that man and love him so much. I do not know where the Lord is leading us but I am so confident that I have the most amazing man walking beside me through it all. I do not know how everything is going to pan out when he gets back but I cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to do. The Lord has been so good to us. He saved us, the changed us, he showed us grace and mercy, he brought us together, and he is showing us where he wants us to go. I am so glad to know that. I love my Lord and my Timbo. Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment